POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Near Earth comet try (fail?) [~45KB Jpg] : Near Earth comet try (fail?) [~45KB Jpg] Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Near Earth comet try (fail?) [~45KB Jpg]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Aug 2000 13:58:23
Message: <3996e1bf@news.povray.org>
Yes, media... if you haven't already guessed.
Same old story, try as I might it's always a battle to get such a thing
"right" and this is as far as I've gotten with this one.
The inset is the nucleus region.  Of course it's actually there in the wide
view too  :-) just a bit tiny, the ice chunk being about 50 km wide at most.
The comet is about 4 times more distant than the Moon and the camera angle
(or telephoto zoom?) is at set to 5 in order to get a sufficient scaling to
everything.
I think anyone will notice how the star background is enhanced at the coma,
part of my troubles getting absorption, emission, scattering, density all
together.  Take off your eye glasses if you were them and get way back and
it will look fine, possibly   B-}

P.S.  don't tell me I could get a ready-made comet out of the Galaxy
Include.  I wanted to try on my own anyhow.

Bob
--
omniVerse http://users.aol.com/persistenceofv/all.htm

Post a reply to this message